As you become a member of Trinity Presbyterian, it is our hope that you will grow in your faith and support the church to the best of your ability. We have high expectations of all our members and want you to find your place of service in our church. We will try to stimulate and motivate you so that you will be a blessing to others by:
- Attending worship regularly.
- Studying the Word of God through regular Bible study.
- Giving intentionally and generously of your material wealth, time, talents, and spiritual gifts.
You are encouraged to speak with Pastor Meredith about your decision to join Trinity Presbyterian Church. She is available to talk with you following any worship service or you can call her during the week at 785.272.2620. The church also offers an Inquirers’ Class to persons interested in becoming members of Trinity Presbyterian Church.
HOW TO JOIN
Persons may enter into active church membership in the following ways:
- By Profession of Faith – When persons desire to profess their faith in Christ and be incorporated in the life of the church as believers, they do so by making public their profession of faith and receiving baptism (if not already baptised) after appropriate instruction and examination by the session.
- Affirmation of Faith in Jesus Christ – It is sometimes the case that persons who previously made a profession of faith and became active members in a particular church are unable to secure a certificate of transfer or other evidence of church membership. After instruction and examination by the session, these persons shall reaffirm publicly their profession of faith and their acceptance of responsibility in the life of the church.
- Transfer of Certificate from some other church – Persons who have made a profession of faith and have been received into membership in a particular church may be received by the session upon receipt of a certificate of transfer from the church in which they have been most recently a member.
THE MEANING OF MEMBERSHIP
A faithful member accepts Christ’s call to be involved responsibly in the ministry of his Church. Such involvement includes:
- Proclaiming the good news,
- Taking part in the common life and worship of a particular church,
- Praying and studying Scripture and the faith of the Christian Church,
- Supporting the work of the church through the giving of money, time, and talents,
- Participating in the governing responsibilities of the church,
demonstrating a new quality of life within and through the church,
- Responding to God’s activity in the world through service to others,
living responsibly in the personal, family, vocational, political, cultural, and social relationships of life,
- Working in the world for peace, justice, freedom, and human fulfillment.
Trinity welcomes all persons who respond in trust and obedience to God’s grace in Jesus Christ and desire to become part of the membership and ministry of his Church. No persons are denied membership because of race, gender, orientation, ethnic origin, worldly condition, or any other reason not related to profession of faith.